RPS offers many different fees and payment types. Explore our options below or contact us to discuss the best option for you.
Information about fees and charges can be obtained by contacting RPS. A number of factors will determine how much your course will cost. This includes things like:
- Which course you will study
- Course duration
- Study load and mode (full time, part time, face-to-face, online etc.)
- Any credits that may be applied through direct credit transfer, recognition of prior learning and/or recognition of current competency.
Costs will be discussed prior to enrolment with you and/or the third party (such as employer, school etc.) who will be paying the tuition fees.
A number of additional fees may apply as listed below. Further information regarding these can be obtained by contacting RPS.
- Direct credit application
- RPL application
- RCC application
- Late submission of assessment
- Assessment resubmission
- Replacement of transcript
- Replacement of training materials
- Any fees associated with withdrawal from the course
Replacement of Training Materials
RPS will charge a fee to replace any lost training and/or assessment materials that have been previously issued to you. Please speak with your trainer or contact us on RTOinfo@rpsgroup.com if replacement materials are required.
Re-issue of Transcripts
An administration fee of $25 applies for RPS to re-issue a hard copy of your Certificate or Statement of Attainment.
Late Submission of Assessment
In cases where assessments have not been submitted within the course timeframe, a fee will apply for late submissions to be assessed. Similarly, if you re-submit an assessment previously marked ‘Not Yet Competent’ (NYC) outside of the agreed training contract time, a fee to mark these assessments will also apply.
A cancellation fee may apply for withdrawing from a course.
Payment of course fees can be made to RPS via:
- Credit card
- Electronic funds transfer
- Direct Debit arrangement
Fees must be paid by the due date agreed in your individual training contract/invoice. This will be clearly stated prior to your enrolment.
Please note that outstanding fees may result in cancellation of your enrolment and/or RPS withholding the issue of qualifications until all fees are paid. If you have trouble paying your fees, please contact us on RTOinfo@rpsgroup.com or 08 9211 1111 to discuss options.
Direct Debit information
We will debit your course fees from your nominated account as set out in your Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
Please note that:
- debit dates are pre-set
- if a debit date falls on a public holiday, we will debit your account on the next business day
- Bank account debits may take up to five days to be cleared from your account.
Meeting your responsibilities
You must make sure:
- Your account can accept direct debits (your financial institution can confirm this)
- There is sufficient money in your account on the payment (debit) day (6.00am onwards)
- You tell us if you are transferring or closing your account, at least 5 business days before your next direct debit
Please tell us if you want to change or stop your direct debits. Advising your bank to change or stop your direct debits does not change or cease your contract with us and any outstanding amounts shall be payable to us immediately.
Querying a payment
If you query a payment, we will respond within two business days.
Late or declined payments
We will also charge you a failed payment fee of $10.00 if your payment isn’t honoured by the bank and this is due to your error. This will be debited from your account with the next scheduled payment and you authorise us to do this as per your Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
Failed payment fee
This fee is incurred due to the additional administrative tasks required when a payment fails. This may include an SMS, email, postal letter and phone calls to correct invalid account details, process a manual payment and ensure the control of outstanding fees. In the event of payments being dishonoured on two consecutive occasions RPS reserves the right to terminate your contract prior to certification completion.
Paying your outstanding debts
- We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice, until we have received the total amount owed.
- For any enrolment, you must make sure that the payment method you choose continues for the length of your agreement.
- If the details you give us fail, you are liable for all resulting fees. You should update your details and are obligated to complete your term.
- If you find yourself in financial difficulties please contact RPS as early as possible.
Failure to make payment
If payments are not made according to the agreed terms of the training contract/invoice, RPS may find it necessary to suspend training until payment is received. Failure of the student and/or their representative to meet payment obligations may result in the outstanding debt being handed over to a registered debt collector. Any fees associated with this service will be added to the total outstanding amount for recovery.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact RPS as early as possible to discuss options.
Should a student withdraw from a course for any reason, a full or partial refund may be applicable. Information below outlines some of the circumstances under which a refund may be granted. Please contact RPS on RTOinfo@rpsgroup.com or 08 9211 1111 to discuss individual circumstances.
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must advise RPS in writing of your decision within 14 days of last accessing the online system and/or attending class. Send your notification to request a refund to RTOinfo@rpsgroup.com and include the following information:
- Your name
- Contact details (address, phone, email etc.)
- Effective date of the cancellation
- Reason for refund request.
Your application will be reviewed and you will be advised of the outcome within 7 working days.
Withdrawal Prior to Commencement of Course
If you withdraw from a course prior to commencing any learning and/or assessment tasks associated with the course, a refund of the full course fees will be made less an administration fee of $100. This is because RPS will have already expended resources associated with setting up student records and providing materials.
Withdrawal After Commencement of Course
- If the course has already commenced, a pro-rata refund may be calculated for the units of study not already started
- Any co-contribution fees paid for Government subsidised training will be refunded for the units not trained.
Withdrawal Due to Illness or Hardship
In circumstances of illness and/or extreme hardship, you may withdraw and be entitled to a partial refund under the following conditions:
- Satisfactory evidence for withdrawal (e.g. medical certificate) must be provided
- A non-refundable administration fee of $100 will be deducted from any eligible refund
- Any refund will be at the discretion of RPS.
Cancellation of Course by RPS
Should a course be cancelled by RPS for any reason, students enrolled at the time of the cancellation announcement will have their fees fully refunded. Students who may have already been assessed as competent for some units in the course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for these units and the cost of issuing the statement(s) will be deducted from the refund total.