Certificate IV Work Health and Safety
BSB41419 - Certificate IV Work Health and Safety
This health and safety course has been designed for people who are either in (or wanting to secure) a Work Health and Safety role, such as that of a WHS coordinator, officer or safety advisor. Participants will learn how to identify workplace health and safety hazards, assess and control risks, ensure compliance with current legislation and consult on WHS issues.
Certificate IV WHS requires the completion of 10 units of competency (5 core units and 5 electives) BSB41419 has been bundled by RPS to meet the packaging rules as follows:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
PUAWHS003 Implement and monitor organisational work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
Self-Paced – 12-month maximum duration.
Dates / Location
Immediate Start - Online course with tutorial support and dedicated email contact.
$1,650.00 per student
There are no formal entry requirements for BSB41419 Certificate IV Work Health & Safety. It is assumed that participants have an appropriate level of literacy.
On Successful Completion
Participants will be issued with the Nationally Recognised Qualification: Certificate IV Work Health & Safety BSB41419
Pathways from the Qualification:
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
You will need to have a computer, good computer skills, access to good internet for online course and video tutorial meetings (where required), stable internet connection is essential. Your computer will need to be enabled with a camera and microphone.
All assessments are contained within the online platform.
There are ten (10) individual assessments, one (1) at the conclusion of each unit. As well as on the job or simulated workplace observations of you carrying out the required tasks. Your assessor will provide you with information regarding the tasks to be undertaken and evidence to be provided.
- There are underlying skill requirements of the BSB Business Services Training Package units.
- Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communications and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Candidates will also be expected to read and interpret WHS legislation and statistics, develop and document WHS registers and action plans, present information, use technology and prepare various records and documents.
- Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.
- Candidates with special needs are advised to email RTOinfo@rpsgroup.com as soon as possible so that reasonable adjustments to training and assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, RPS’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly.
RPS Energy Pty Ltd
RTO No. 52288
ABN 44 072 504 299
Level 2, 27-31 Troode Street
West Perth WA 6005
+61 08 9211 1111